CIMA Research Foundation is a non-profit research organization that promotes the study, scientific research, technological development and higher education in engineering and environmental sciences. Actives in the fields of civil protection, risk reduction, climate change impact, public health and aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems conservation.
CIMA is looking for 1 motivated researcher to strengthen its activities in the field of Disaster Risk Management (DRM), in particular working on the analysis of technical and procedural good practices in DRM available at European level.
This expertise will contribute to the development of research and applied-research projects funded by national (Italian) or international organizations.Specifically, the position will be open in support of the research activities foreseen in the ROADMAP project (European observatory on disaster risk and crisis management best practices). ROADMAP main goal is to establish a European “Doctrine on disaster risk and crisis management” funded on the mutual cooperation of scientific communities and disaster risk management authorities.
The selected expert will work in collaboration with other CIMA researchers and collaborators, other members of the CI3R consortium (www.ci3r.it) and ROADMAP international partners.
Applicants should have the following characteristics:
PROFILE: expert in Disaster Risk Management
- knowledge / skills in the field of: a) disaster risk management (DRM) policies and Disaster Risk Reduction DRR measures ; b) national, European and international legal framework on DRM, DRR and civil protection; c) risk governance; d) social and economic aspects of disaster risk (multihazard perspective) and civil protection system.
- experience in: a) relations with institutional actors of the civil protection system and the cycle of disaster risk management b) procedural and technical guidelines; c) national and international disaster risk management (DRM) and DRR projects, d) support in the definition of risk reduction policies; e) models for assessing and monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of risk mitigation measures.
For the profile are also required:
- master’s degree.
- excellent knowledge of English and Italian.
- wide willingness to travel in Italy and abroad.
Further skills are:
- professional experience in the management and implementation of technical projects.
- knowledge of other languages, in particular: French, Spanish, Portuguese.
- the opportunity for professional growth and know-how acquisition.
- the opportunity to work in a motivated and enterprising team.
- the opportunity to work in national and international projects.
- state-of-the-art technical facilities.
The expert will work mainly on research and/or cooperation projects, related to the issues of competence, in the context of programs / funding aimed at EU countries.
The candidate, after a CV evaluation, will be contacted for an interview. Based on the interview outcomes, a proposal for a position within CIMA will be made to the candidate. The proposed compensation will be commensurate with experience: factors such as demonstrated hard and soft skills, level of education, history in the sector, and relevant work experience will all be evaluated.
After this phase, a proposal for a position within CIMA will be presented to the candidate. The proposed contract will be commensurate with the experience and skills of the selected person.
Interested candidates should submit their CV to the email email@example.com within 25.06.2021, specify “support Roadmap Project ”.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Savona, 1st June 2021
The Managing Director
Luisa Michela Colla
“With this document, CIMA Foundation is authorized to process the personal data of the subjects involved in the relationship referred to the object, exclusively for the purpose of carrying out the relationship, pursuant to art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 (EU Reg. 2016/679). The data will be collected, processed and stored by the CIMA Foundation preferably in digital format, through systems owned or placed under its control but owned by third parties, with which the Foundation has entered into suitable agreements to ensure adequate technical standards of protection. The maximum data retention time will not exceed two years from the end of the relationship. The data controller is CIMA Foundation.”