Six students from Petroleum Geology Msc from Unipg participated this year on the EVOLVE Program from SEG and had the chance to presente the Project at the SEG Annual Meeting 2019 in San Antonio, TX. The aim of the HprojeHct was to define the best investment opportunity of prospects in Est Cameron South Addition Block in Gulf of Mexico, using Geological & Geophysical data, risk assestment and business valuation.
At the SEG Annual Conference 2019, Unipg team was awarded with four certificates:
- Best Map from IHS Markit (Kingdom software);
- Best Investment Opportunity in East Cameron South Addition Block (GOM);
- Most Comprehensive Economic Analysis;
- Most Engaged Professor.
“EVOLVE was an unique opportunity to use our academic knowledge in a real world experience. More than learning technical skills, we learned how to deal with insufficient data, uncertainties and challenges in order to draw a conclusion and make decisions. During the SEG Annual Meeting 2019 we had the pleasure to present our final work to representatives from the industry, Evolve team and students from different parts of the world. It was amazing to meet so many interesting people and learn so much from them. We are proud to carry our awards in behalf of our team in such an event and give visibility and recognition to our University.”.
What did we learn/get from EVOLVE?
- The use of real seismic, wells and production data applying petroleum industry approaches in order to select potential prospects;
- Use of new software and interpretation techniques;
- Geological Risks analysis and Business Valuation to define best investment opportunities;
- Team Work, Time and Project Management skills gained;
- Opportunity to be mentored by great professionals and to network with students and professionals from all around the world.